I'm excited to announce my Fall challenge and blog hop! (If you missed the summer one, check out the wonderful entries in the Mostly Metal Challenge.) I love designing for fall, which is funny since it features two of the colors that I find most challenging to work with: yellow and orange.
Update 9/2/11: The kits are all sold out. Thank you!
Fall Kit Winner
Congratulations to Shirley at Beads and Bread who won the fall kit random giveaway by commenting on the Mostly Metal Challenge. There were 280+ total comments on all the participating blogs (including this one). Thank you so much for visiting.
About the Kits
There are 24 fall challenge kits available. Kits are not identical, but similar:
- The kits contain vintage Lucite (leaves, a button, and other shapes), vintage glass beads, a leaf-shaped metal blank, a branch, 1 acorn bead cap, and 2 filigree links. Everyone will get the same Vintaj metal pieces, but the exact mix of Lucite leaves and glass beads will differ slightly among kits. (See the kit photos for details.)
- All kits will contain two Lucite baubles chosen at random. These are vintage cabochons (1960s-1980s) that have been drilled and had a metal loop inserted to make them usable as charms or pendants.
- Plus, this time I'm offering 4 "mini" kits. These are smaller and less expensive versions of the full kits. You can participate in the blog hop no matter which size kit you buy.
Shopping and Shipping
- Where to Buy: The kits cost $10, plus $2.50 for U.S. First Class shipping, and are available for sale in my online shop. (The mini kits are $5; shipping is the same.) I've seen the Vintaj branch alone priced for more than $3, so this is a good deal!
- International Readers: If your home is not listed as one of the countries
(Australia, Canada, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom) on my shipping list,
let me know and I'll add you. Otherwise, the default shipping price is
$13.95 for Priority Mail.
- When You Can Expect Your Kit: I'll send kits out within 24 hours of purchase, except on Sunday (and Labor Day). U.S. First Class Mail delivery is usually around 3 days in the U.S.; international shipments will take longer.
- Buying More Beads: If want to buy more of these same components, I bought all the vintage Lucite and glass beads at The Beadin' Path; Vintaj components are available at local bead shops and online (see their website for a list). You are free to shop anywhere if you need additional materials to complete your project.
The short version: make something with your kit and share a photo of your work during the "blog hop" in October.
The long version:
- Challenge Name: It's called the "Very Vintage" challenge because the materials are either vintage or Vintaj. However, you don't have to design jewelry in a vintage style. Any style goes!
- Kit Materials: You do not need to use everything in the kit.
- Altering Items: You can alter items if you like: stamp, resin, decoupage, ink, color (did you know you can dye Lucite?) or you can use them as is.
- Non-Jewelry: While most projects projects will likely be jewelry, your project could be something else if you'd like. Follow your Muse!
- Number of Projects: You can make multiple projects or one project.
- Your Own Bead Stash: You can add anything from your own stash or from any bead shop/supplier.
- Blogging: You may blog about the challenge at any time, including showing photos of your kit. But please do not show your final project until the "reveal" day (October 4).
- Blog Hop: You'll share a photo of your work on October 4, 2011 on your own blog and link to all the other participants. (If you don't have a blog and still want to participate, contact me. I can host 1 or 2 people on my blog.)
This will be my last seasonal challenge for 2011. I'll do a winter challenge in January 2012 with a different theme and materials. Suggestions welcome!
Let the fun begin!