Do you dream about designing jewelry for the movies?
If so, you'll definitely want to read this new interview with Dana Schneider, designer of the Mockingjay Pin in The Hunger Games. The jewelry played a prominent role in the movie and is even featured on the book cover. Dana's also created jewelry for Planet of the Apes and the Matrix films.
Here are some other jewelry designers who are working in TV and the movies:
- Peggy Li designs for both television and movies, an article in Audrey magazine explains. Some specific shows and movies mentioned in the interview include: Private Practice, Superbad, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Peggy's website has a more extensive television list and movie list with details about the jewelry.
- Kate Lindsay has designed for many shows, including Lost, The West Wing, and Bones. (I love the jewelry worn on Bones. There's a nice Flickr photostream of some of the pieces.)
- Lauren Sigman of Orlando, Florida designed jewelry for the TV show White Collar. A short newspaper article explains how she used to have a "real job" at Sprint before becoming a jewelry designer.
- Monica by the Shore designs jewelry for a character on the TV show Hawaii Five-O.
- Jasmine Watson created jewelry for The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings. (Under the Press section of her website, you can see thumbnail images of the many articles she's been featured in.)
- Portland artists at Artisan Designs created jewelry for the Twilight series. I like how in this article the designers admit that they hadn't heard of the books and had no idea that the movies would be popular!
What would be your dream TV show or movie for jewelry design work?