Remember how I said I was only doing four seasonal challenges a year? Well, I was so sad when the fall challenge was over that I thought I could sneak in one more challenge before the end of the year.
The Secret Snowflake Challenge is a BONUS challenge! I will still host a winter challenge in 2012.
There are only 30 kits available. When they're gone, they're gone! Here's what is inside the kit:
- A handmade porcelain pendant and two snowflake links by Mellisa at Chinook Jewelry. She created this design especially for this challenge!
- A selection of Czech glass beads and button pearls (Rings & Things), and pewter daisy spacers (Antelope Beads).
- A silver-plated ring from Ornamentea.
- I've packaged everything together in a little kraft jewelry box and tied it with some beautiful ribbon and included an embossed gift card that I created.
Not only is this a beautiful kit, but by purchasing it you're helping to support an independent bead artist. That makes me very happy!
Special Rules for This Challenge
As usual, you may make whatever you like—jewelry or not (tree ornaments, anyone?)—and use however much of the kit you choose. There are some special rules just for this challenge:
- Blog Hop Date: The blog hop will be January 15, 2012. I'll send out a reminder in early January. Why so late? In part, because I know lots of people will be busy with the holidays, but also because I know some of you may want to use these materials to make a gift. And sometimes our families and friends read our blogs. (Hi, Mom!)
- Blog Hop Posts: I'm hoping that in addition to sharing photos of what you made that you also tell the story behind your finished piece. Did you give to someone special? Sell it at craft show? Did it make you smile to wear it when you were curled up by the fire with a good book? Whatever you did, I want to hear about it!
- Early Posting: Unlike other blog hops, you may post about your finished design earlier than the official date. Some of you may choose to make items to sell from this kit and since this is the busy shopping season, I want you to be able to post photos of your work online if you'd like. You can also keep it a secret until the official blog hop—that's what I'll be doing.
- Added 11/15/11: Mini Kits: If you would like to split a kit and receive only the pendant or the link pair (your choice), plus half of the other beads, choose a mini kit.
- If the Kits Sell Out: If the kits are sold out by the time you read this and you still want to participate, you can, as long as you buy the porcelain pendant and links from Chinook Jewelry. She'll sell them as special orders after the challenge kits are sold out. Be sure to email me if you do purchase the pendant and links directly from her, so I can add you to my blog hop list.
Hope to see both familiar names and new ones in this challenge!
P.S. Subscribers to my quarterly newsletter got the early scoop yesterday. Sign up for the newsletter if you want to get an email from me in January when my normal seasonal challenge returns.