I thought it'd be fun to host a blog carnival for fall Stringing contributors, both designers and beadmakers.
- Topics: Write about your project(s) in the fall issue. For example, tell the story behind the project's name, what your inspiration was, how (and where) you unearthed (or made) those cool beads, what design tips you learned creating this piece, or anything else you'd like to share. If you're a beadmaker, I'd personally love to know how it feels to see one of your beads in a magazine design. Did the designer use your beads the way you imagined? Have you made projects yourself using the beads in a totally different way?
- Blogs: You'll be writing on your own blogs and linking to all the other participants. (I'll send you the list when it's ready). If you don't have a blog, but would still like to participate, please let me know and we'll make sure your story is still shared that day.
- Multiple Projects: If you had multiple projects accepted (lucky you!), it's up to you whether you want to discuss all of them or just one.
- Date: Posts will need to go live August 17, the official newsstand sale date.
- Giveaway: I'll also give away a copy of the fall issue of Stringing to a randomly drawn reader who leaves a comment on one of the participating blog posts. There may be additional giveaways—I'll see what I can do!
If you have a project (or a handmade component) in the fall issue of Stringing and you'd like to participate, let me know by August 1. Email me with your name, the name of your Stringing project (or the one using your materials), and your blog address. I'll be emailing all the participants so you'll all know who else is participating and any other details.
If this goes well, I'd love to do this for every issue (4 times a year). Please help me spread the word!