Here's my inspiration behind these bold statement earrings:
- Neutral colors: The color palette for the August Pretty Palettes challenge features tones of beige, brown, copper, and cream. These colors make a perfect palette for fall.
- Travel: Erin Prais-Hintz featured photos from the country Turkey in her inspirational blog post. Ankara is the capital city.
- Statement Earrings: Glamour magazine named statement earrings one of the "Most Wearable Trends for Fall 2015"
- Texture: I love mixing textures in jewelry. The textured copper-plated square rings and carved wood rounds contrast nicely with the smooth copper rings and leather cord.
Materials and Tools
You'll need the following tools and materials from Michaels to make these earrings:
- 6 ivory stone rondelles
- 2 carved wood melons
- 10 square copper-plated rings
- 6 copper-plated plastic rings
- Dark brown leather 2mm cord
- 20-gauge Artistic Wire in antique brass
- 2 gold-plated ear wires
- 6 bronze jump rings
- 2 pairs of chain- or flat-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Round-nose pliers
Large, heavy earrings can be uncomfortable. Choose a few lighter beads such as the carved wood melons and plastic rings shown here to make the earrings easier to wear.